Song for You ▪❇️▪ Mix-1

 

 

Selected Songs
-let's sing along-


Enjoy!

 ❇️

 

"Memory"

Elaine Paige 

 

Lyric:

Midnight not a sound from the pavement
Has the moon lost her memory?
She is smiling alone
In the lamplight, the withered leaves collect at my feet
And the wind begins to moan

Memory, all alone in the moonlight
I can smile of the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again

Every streetlamp seems to beat
A fatalistic warning
Someone mutters and the street lamp gutters
And soon
It will be morning

Daylight
I must wait for the sunrise
I must think of a new life
And I mustn''t give in.
When the dawn comes
Tonight will be a memory too
And a new day will begin

Burnt out ends of smoky days
The stale cold smell of morning
A streetlamp dies; another night is over
Another day is dawning

Touch me!
It''s so easy to leave me
All alone with the memory
Of my days in the sun
If you touch me, you''ll understand what happiness is
Look, a new day has begun.

 

❇️


 "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"

Elaine Paige

 

Lyric:

It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that I've done
You won't believe me, all you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you
I had to let it happen, I had to change
Couldn't stay all my life down at heel

Looking out of the window, staying out of the sun
So I chose freedom, running around trying everything new
But nothing impressed me at all
I never expected it to

Don't cry for me, Argentina
The truth is, I never left you
All through my wild days, my mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

And as for fortune, and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired
They are illusions, they're not the solutions they promised to be
The answer was here all the time
I love you, and hope you love me

Don't cry for me, Argentina

Don't cry for me, Argentina
The truth is, I never left you
All through my wild days, my mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance
Have I said too much?
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you
But all you have to do is look at me to know
That every word is true

Don't cry for me, Argentina


 

❇️


 "I Dreamed A Dream"

Ruthie Henshall

 

Lyric:

There was a time when men were kindWhen their voices were softAnd their words invitingThere was a time when love was blindAnd the world was a songAnd the song was excitingThere was a timeThen it all went wrong
 
I dreamed a dream in time gone byWhen hope was highAnd life worth livingI dreamed that love would never dieI dreamed that God would be forgivingThen I was young and unafraidWhen dreams were made and used and wastedThere was no ransom to be paidNo song unsung, no wine untasted
 
But the tigers come at nightWith their voices soft as thunderAs they tear your hope apartAs they turn your dream to shame
 
He slept a summer by my sideHe filled my days with endless wonderHe took my childhood in his strideBut he was gone when autumn came
 
And still I dream he'll come to meThat we will live the years togetherBut there are dreams that cannot beAnd there are storms we cannot weather
 
I had a dream my life would beSo different from this hell I'm livingSo different now from what it seemedNow life has killed the dream I dreamed





❇️


 "Defying Gravity"

Beau Dermott



Lyric:

[Verse 1]
Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap!

[Chorus]
It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

[Verse 2]
I'm through accepting limits
'Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But 'til I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comеs at much too high a cost!

[Chorus]
I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbyе, I'm defying gravity
And you can't bring me down
 
[Bridge]
Unlimited
My future is unlimited
And I've just had a vision almost like a prophecy
I know it's sounds truly crazy
And true, the vision's hazy
But I swear someday I'll be
 
* < Unlimited
Together, we're unlimited
Together we'll be the greatest team there's ever been
Dreams the way we planned 'em
If we work in tandem
There's no fight we cannot win > *

[Chorus]
I'll be in the sky, defying gravity
I'm flying high defying gravity
And you can't bring me down
 
* < Just you and I, defying gravity
With you and I defying gravity
They'll never bring us down > *

[Verse 3]
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately
"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who ground me
Take a message back from me

[Chorus]
Tell them how I am defying gravity!
I'm flying high, defying gravity!
And soon, I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!
 
 

 

❇️


 "Somewhere"

Jackie Evancho (feat. Barbra Streisand)
 

 

Lyric:

Someday, somewhere
We'll find a new way of living
We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere

There's a place for us
Somewhere a place for us
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us somewhere

There's a time for us
Someday, there will be a time for us
Time together with time to spare
Time to learn, time to care

Someday, somewhere
We'll find a new way of living
We'll find there's a way of forgiving
Somewhere

There's a place for us
A time and a place for us
Hold my hand and we're half way there
Hold my hand and I'll take you there
Somehow, someday, somewhere



❇️




...


...


...